hotelgeneralmanagers.com is a trading entity within visionary dining.com
GDPR Certificate Reference Number: ZA666759
visionarydining.com (collectively, “VDL,” “we,” “us,” or “our “) are committed to protecting your information by handling it responsibly and safeguarding it using appropriate technical, administrative and security measures.
This privacy notice (the “Notice “) explains what information we gather about you (or your business or employees on your behalf), what we use it for and who we share it with. It also sets out your privacy rights and who you can contact for more information.
Please review the following to understand how we process and safeguard personal data about you. By using our website or otherwise obtaining services from us, and/or by voluntarily providing personal data to us, you acknowledge that you have read and understood the practices contained in this Privacy Notice.
We collect a variety of personal data from and about you. This can come from information that (i) you supply to us, (ii) that we obtain from third parties, or (iii) is publicly available from data supplied to us. It may also include sensitive or special categories of personal data such as dietary requirements. For a more detailed description of the information about you that we may process see What personal data we collect.
How we use the information
We collect information to enable us to provide our services to you, to provide you with information that we think may be of interest to you, and to meet our legal and regulatory requirements. For more information about use of information see How we process personal data.
Sharing and transferring the information
We may share information about you within our network and with some third parties. If we transfer information outside of the European Economic Area and that area has less stringent data protection laws we will make sure your data remains adequately protected. For more information about transferring information see International transfer.
You are entitled to request copies, correction, and erasure of your data. You are also entitled to object to us processing your data and ask us to restrict its processing. For more information about your privacy rights see Your rights regarding personal data.
To exercise any of your rights above or for any comments or questions please contact the Data Protection Officer via visionarydining.com firstname.lastname@example.org
- WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
What data we collect comes from several sources:
- you give it to us. This may be in direct communications such as subscribing for publications, website content or instructing us in connection with our provision of consulting services and website support;
- other people give it to us. By way of example this could be your colleague, employer or a third party that has referred us to you; or
- it is publicly available.
We may process personal data from you because we infer that data about you from the way you interact with us or others. For example, to improve your experience of this website and to make sure it is working effectively we, or our service providers, may use logging and analytics tools and cookies. We utilise commonly used logging and analytics tools, including Google Analytics, to collect information about your device, the network used to access the website, and information about your use of the website.
You have choices about certain information we collect. When you are asked to provide information, you may decline to do so; but if you choose not to provide information that is necessary for us to collect by law or to perform a contract, we may not be able to enter into or perform such contract or perform other obligations with respect to you. Note it is possible to control some of the tracking technologies, please see Your choices.
The data we collect may include your:
- Name and gender.
- Contact information including address, email and phone number.
- Employment details including the company you work for and job title.
- IP address, browser type, language and access times; and
- Details of how you like to interact with us.
The data may also include sensitive or special categories of data such as:
- Operational documents relating to Hotel Academy website content which is stored within Your Hotel academy. An offline back up of this is also stored securely.
- Financial and operational metrics gathered as a result of your day to day use of Your Hotel Academy. These are stored securely in the cloud within Your Hotel Academy. Data of this type is not copied or stored offline and is managed by Your Hotel Academy administrator.
We may also collect data that is not identifiable to or associated with you, such as aggregated data, and is not personal data. To the extent this data is stored or associated with personal data, it will be treated as personal data; otherwise, that data is not subject to this notice.
In the event a third party gives us personal data about you we confirm they have complied with the relevant laws and regulations which may include that they have informed you of the processing of the data and they have the necessary permissions. If you provide us with information about another person, you must ensure that, in line with the above, you have the right to provide that information to us.
- HOW WE PROCESS PERSONAL DATA
We process personal data on several bases, as follows:
Operational and Marketing Uses. We process your personal data as part of our business operations and for marketing, which includes:
- providing you with information tailored to your requests, responding to inquiries, and delivering and managing consulting services.
- screening and other activities in connection with employment or other engagement by us of you.
- use of members data to market their services and skills.
- communications with you regarding our services and business developments.
- client account opening and other administrative tasks including invoicing.
- relationship management such as contacting for feedback on services, sending you event invitations, and other marketing related activities such as use of pre-approved testimonials.
- manage and improve our website, to tailor the content for a more personalised experience.
- compliance with our legal obligations, including related record-keeping; and
- in connection with the exercise or defence of our legal rights, as well as in response to court orders.
Legal Bases for Processing. We process personal data for, or based on, one or more of the following legal bases:
- to enter into, or perform under, the agreement between us, and to comply with your instructions.
- as is necessary for our legitimate interests, including direct marketing and business development.
- to comply with the law and our legal obligations, as well as to protect you and other individuals from certain harms; and
- you have provided express consent.
Sharing of Personal Data. Some of the above processing involves sharing collected personal data with third parties, including service providers, affiliates and other partners. This occurs in the following circumstances:
- we do not share personal data contained within Your Hotel Academy or under any other circumstances.
- we share personal data with our service providers, including, as applicable, payment processors, IT service providers, commercial email providers, security consultants, and other vendors we engage so that they may provide services to us or on our behalf; and
- we share personal data with third parties when we believe it is required by, or necessary to comply with, applicable law.
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties.
- PROTECTING PERSONAL DATA
We use a number of measures to keep your data secure, confidential and up to date including training appropriate staff; administration and technical controls to restrict access to data; and technological and security measures such as firewalls and anti-virus software. If you suspect unauthorised access to your information, you should contact VDL immediately as provided in the Additional information section.
You should be aware that Internet data transmission is not always secure, and we cannot guarantee that information you transmit to us through the Internet is or will be secure.
- RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We ensure that personal data is only retained for the longer of (i) the period required to fulfil the relevant services, (ii) any legal retention period, and (iii) any period in which litigation or investigations might arise in respect of those services.
- YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING PERSONAL DATA
You have a variety of legal rights regarding the collection and processing of personal data. You may exercise these rights by contacting us as provided in the section Additional information, or by following the instructions provided in this Privacy Notice. You have a right to:
- know whether, and for what purposes, we process personal data about you.
- be informed about the personal data we collect and/or process about you.
- access, modify, and correct personal data about you.
- know with whom we have shared personal data about you, for what purposes, and what personal data has been shared (including whether personal data was disclosed to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes);
- withdraw your consent to processing of your data (where this was originally based on your consent);
- lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority located in your jurisdiction, place of work, or where an alleged violation of law occurred.
- the right to object to decisions based on profiling or automated decision making that produce legal or similarly significant effects on you;
- the right to request restriction of processing of personal data or object to processing of personal data carried out pursuant to (i) a legitimate interest or (ii) performance of a task in the public interest (including processing for direct marketing purposes);
- in certain circumstances, the right to data portability, which means that you can request that we provide certain personal data about you that we process in a machine-readable format; and
- in certain circumstances, the right to erasure, which means that you can request deletion or removal of certain personal data we process about you.
Accessing, modifying, rectifying, and correcting collected personal data. We will use reasonable efforts to respond promptly to update our database when you tell us the information in our database is not accurate. However, we do rely upon you to ensure that the information you provide to us is complete, accurate, and up-to-date, and to inform us of any changes. Please review all of your information carefully before submitting it to us, and please notify us as soon as possible of any updates or corrections.
In accordance with applicable law, you may obtain from us certain personal data that we process about you. If you wish to access, review, or make any changes to personal data you have provided to us through our website or related services, you may do so at any time by contacting us as provided below.
- YOUR CHOICES
In addition to your choices with respect to the collection of personal data (see What information we collect), you have the ability to make certain choices about how we communicate with you, and how we process certain personal data.
Communications opt-out. You may opt out of receiving marketing or other communications from us at any time through a given communications channel (such as email or telephone) by following the opt-out link or other unsubscribe instructions provided in any marketing email message received and/or by contacting us as provided in Additional information.
- OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT PERSONAL DATA
Our Privacy Notice also includes information about other practices with respect to personal data, including:
Third-party websites and services. As a convenience, we may reference or provide links to third-party websites and services, including those of unaffiliated third parties, our affiliates, service providers, and third parties with which we do business. When you access these third-party services, you leave our website, and we are not responsible for, and do not control, the content, security, or privacy practices employed by any third-party websites and services.
Business transfer. We may, in the future, sell or otherwise transfer some or all of our business, operations or assets to a third party, whether by merger, acquisition or otherwise. Personal data we obtain from or about you via the website or through services we provide to you may be disclosed to any potential or actual third-party acquirers and may be among those assets transferred.
Do not track. We use analytics systems and providers that may process personal data about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services. We do not currently process or comply with any web browser’s “do not track” signal or similar mechanisms.
International transfer. We share your personal data among our affiliates, and this may involve the transfer of your personal data to and from the United Kingdom, within the European Economic Area (“EEA”), and to other countries where we do business and which are linked to your engagement with us. When we transfer your personal data outside the EEA we will require the recipients to protect your data to the same level as EEA requirements.
- MODIFICATIONS AND UPDATES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice replaces all previous disclosures we may have provided to you about our information practices with respect to the website and any services which are otherwise available through our website. This Notice may be revised from time to time, and the date of our latest version is noted at the top of the notice so please ensure that you check this Notice periodically to remain fully informed.
- APPLICABILITY OF THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
If you have any questions or concerns about this Privacy Notice and/or how we process personal data, or would like to exercise any of the legal rights set forth above, including the right to complain, you may write to:
Data Protection Officer, visionarydining.com
14 Heath Close
Or email the Data Protection Officer at email@example.com
If you are located in the European Economic Area, and you wish to raise a concern regarding our use of your personal data, you have the right to do so with our lead supervisory authority, the U.K. Information Commissioner’s Office (the “ICO”) at www.ico.org.uk, or your local supervisory authority.
Visionarydining.com and its affiliates (collectively, “VDL,” “we,” “us,” or “our“) are committed to protecting the privacy of all individuals who utilise our site or legal services. VDL is the data controller of the personal data collected and is responsible for the processing of your personal data.
What Are Cookies and Pixel Tags?
Cookies are small strings of text or computer code stored locally on your device that allow us and our third-party service providers to identify your browser and/or device as you browse the Internet. Cookies can be placed, read, and/or written to by our Website, or other websites or services that recognize a particular cookie, which allows the website to “remember” or “recognise” a particular browser or device and, in some cases, store information about that browser or device.
Certain types of cookies or cookie-like functionality may be placed or activated through browser add-ons, including, but not limited to, Adobe Flash. While these cookies are stored differently, their functionality and purpose is generally similar to other cookies.
Cookies are often used in conjunction with “pixel tags” (also known as “web beacons” or “clear gifs”). Pixel tags are small images that website operators, analytics providers, and other third parties can use to interact with cookies and other tracking technologies. For more information about cookies, see www.allaboutcookies.org.
How Long Are Cookies Stored On My System?
Session Cookies. “Session Cookies” are stored for the duration of a browser session; when you close the browser, the cookie is deleted.
Persistent Cookies. “Persistent Cookies” are stored for a pre-set amount of time (often between 90 days and two years, depending on the application) and are typically not deleted when a browser session is closed.
What Cookies Do We Use, and Why?
Performance Cookies. We use performance cookies to collect information about how our users use and interact with the Website, such as what pages are visited most often, how the Website is used and functions, or how users navigate the Website. We use this information to improve the Website and its content. These cookies only collect aggregate information about the use of the Website, and thus do not collect information that can be used to identify you personally We use Google Analytics to collect aggregate information about use of the Website. To opt out of Google Analytics tracking for certain browsers, consult: Google Analytics. Disabling or removing these cookies generally does not interfere with the functionality or performance of the Website.
Functionality Cookies. We use functionality cookies to remember information that you have provided or choices you have made on the Website. This allows us to provide a more personalized and convenient browsing experience. A tracking consent cookie is placed when a user clicks “I Agree” on our cookie notice pop-up. This cookie prevents the Website from showing the cookie notice. It is a Persistent Cookie.
Disabling or removing this cookie means that you will see our cookie notice pop-up each time you visit the Website.
Third-Party Functionality. We do not have access to or control over cookies or other features that advertisers and third-party sites may use, and the information practices of those advertisers and third-party websites are not covered by this Cookie Notice.
For example, we provide social media buttons on the Website that allow users to visit, share, or bookmark web pages through third-party social media platforms. We do not control how those platforms collect information about you, nor whether or how they may track you or may activate their own cookies on your computer.
How to control or make choices about cookies and tracking technologies?
Managing Cookies. Most browsers automatically accept cookies by default, but you can adjust your device and/or browser settings to delete and/or block some or all cookies, or provide notifications when you receive a new cookie. Consult the “Help,” “Tools,” or “Preferences” menus on your browser, or the documentation for your device, for more information about how to do this. Please note, however, that blocking or deleting certain cookies may negatively affect your user experience.
Additionally, you can generally disable or delete cookies placed and used by browser add-ons, such as Adobe Flash cookies, by changing the add-on settings or visiting the website of its provider. Information and controls that allow you to manage Adobe Flash cookies may be found on Flash Player Help.
Note that if you disable Adobe Flash cookies or similar technologies, you may not have access to certain features and services (such as consistent volume settings for videos) that make your online experience more efficient and/or enjoyable.
Analytics. If you wish to opt out of Google Analytics, you can download and install an opt-out browser add-on for certain browsers at the link provided above.
Advertising. Certain devices and browsers allow you to reset your advertising identifier at any time by accessing the privacy settings on your device in order to restrict the delivery of tailored in-application advertisements. Consult your device’s documentation for more information about how to do this.
This website and the content herein are copyrighted by visionarydining.com Ltd unless otherwise specified. Certain photographs and other materials are used by permission of their respective authors or publishers. No portion of this page or any content herein may be redistributed or republished without written permission from VDL.
The information on this website is for informational or advertising purposes only. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy or timeliness of any information on this website.
If you have any questions or comments concerning this site, please send an email to Gordon@visionarydining.com. Do not send confidential information via email.
Visionarydining.com Ltd, is registered in England and Wales, and has its registered office at 14 Heath Close, Kendal, Cumbria LA9 5BW.